Take the first step to get help today
About Your Therapist - Alan Artt
I have been a practising therapist since 2006 and have worked with a diverse range of clients, both in the UK and many countries abroad via video conferencing. I specialise in helping people with Misophonia.
I consider myself to be a holistic therapist. I treat everyone as a unique human being who has had different life experiences and therefore different therapy needs. Confidentiality is assured at all times and your therapy is undertaken ethically and safely.
My career began in 2006 when I qualified as a Clinical Hypnotherapist. Hypnotherapy has always been a passion of mine, having experienced the change and development it can bring about in my clients. I have added several other therapies over the years to my “toolbox” including:
Sequent Repatterning Therapy (SRT) Practitioner
Developed by Chris Pearson a UK therapist, SRT is based on current neuroscience research and the recognition of the elements that go to make up misophonia. Sequent Repatterning is a structured multi-session programme that brings together many therapeutic techniques including Hypnotherapy, Psychotherapy and elements of NLP.
Having completed extensive one to one training with Chris I am excited to be able to offer this misophonia therapy to clients worldwide. If you have misophonia please visit the dedicated section of this website where you will find information about how to get help for misophonia.
Brain Working Recursive Therapy (BWRT) Practitioner (Adv.)
Brain Working Recursive Therapy (BWRT) is a modern therapy that is proving very successful with many issues, including Fears and Phobias, Anxiety (including social anxiety) Stress and many habitual and emotional problems. As an Advanced Level 2 (Psychology of Identity & Behaviour) BWRT practitioner I can help with many common issues and conditions.
WSN Counselling & Coaching Practitioner
WSN is a wonderful therapy system that allows you to discover your true personality and work with your innermost resources to eradicate inner conflict and achieve future goals. The WSN counselling and coaching concept doesn’t teach you how to behave differently, or show you only how to cope with the ‘stuff’ that is affecting your quality of life. It is much more empowering than that, helping you to find strengths and resources that you never knew you had.
What is the Best Therapy for me?
Clients often ask me “what therapy is best for me?”. The simple answer is that when we work together I select the best tools from my toolbox to ensure your treatment is effective. Unlike traditional “Talking Therapies” you will not be attending for months or years in some cases. Timely therapeutic intervention is my working model and you will be in therapy no longer than required.
My aim is to help you become the person you really want to be, by guiding and empowering you to resolve your problems and find your true purpose and potential in life.
I look forward to working with you.
- Certified Sequent Repatterning (SRT) Practitioner – Chris Pearson Consilient Therapy
- Certified Level 1 BWRT (General Psychopathology) Brain Working Recursive Therapy®
- Certified Level 2 BWRT (Psychology of Identity & Behaviour)
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnosis with Psychotherapy – EICH
- Diploma in Adv. Hypnoanalysis – EICH
- Certified Practitioner Deep Mind Protocol – IBWRT
- Certified Adv. Level Practitioner WSN Counselling & Coaching – EICH
- Certified Ageing Unplugged Practitioner – EICH
- Certified Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ME therapist – Open Mind Therapy
- Certified Tinnitus Specialist – Minnesota Inst. of Clinical Hypnosis
- Certified Practitioner – Virtual Gastic Band Procedure – Sheila Granger Training
- Certified Practitioner – BroadBand for the Brain (BB4B) – EICH
- Certified Practitioner – Serious Work for Serious Issues – EICH
- Certified Level Practitioner – WSN Counselling & Coaching – EICH
I am a member of the following professional associations and bodies:
- MAPHP – Member – Association for Professional Hypnosis and Psychotherapy
- MIBWRT (Adv.) Member – The Terence Watts BWRT Institute
- MNCP (Reg) Member – National Council of Psychotherapists
Confidentiality is assured as is my professional attitude to you as a client. I practise in accordance with with the code of ethics of the NCP, IBWRT & APHP. Membership of the associations are by invitation or admittance after proof of professional training in an accredited school.